JAMES L SWINTON
I'm a Bible scholar and teacher. I have been serving God since becoming a Christian at the age of 13 and continues to be faithful to the gospel of Christ. I specialize in teaching Bible doctrines, especially warning people about cult teachings, since I was a member of a [past] cult church the Worldwide Church of God by Herbert W. Armstrong] for 18 years. I have served as co-pastor, with my wife, Janice, of Breaking Free Fellowship in Lawrence, Kansas. I have taught biblical studies at the Theological Institute of the East in the Philippines while serving as a missionary there. I was the President of Freedom Café(2) (←click to see slideshow →) and Freedom Cafe (1), a successful outreach and cafe in Waterville, Maine, and heads Breaking Free Ministries. I have written the book Spiritual Truths For Christian Growth.
Click on Testimony: James Swinton to read my complete autobiography.
My Christian Bio/Education:
1) I became a Christian at the age of 13 and joined Mt. Zion Baptist Church located in the Sardis community 5 miles West of Morrilton, Ark.
2) I attended Worldwide Church of God in Little Rock, AK. (1963) and later in Kansas City, and became a member (1965).
3) I listened to Robert B. Thieme's tapes and read booklets from Berachah Church in Houston, TX. (Jan. 1988).
4) I listened to Cornelius Stam tapes and read booklets from the Berean Society (1988).
5) I Attended The Grace Believers Fellowship in Paola, KS (3/88).
6) I attended Beth Haven Church in Kansas City, MO. (approx. 1990-92).
7) Janice and I established Breaking Free Fellowship in Lawrence, KS., pastored by myself and my wife, Janice (1996).
8) My wife and I ministered to customers and employees seeking spiritual help at Freedom Cafe in Waterville, ME. (May 1999-May 2010).
9) I established an internet website to feature the writings of our ministry (2004).
11) Salvation (true conversion @ age 74)
My Secular Education:
1) High school diploma: L W Sullivan High School, Morrilton, Ark [May 1964 (Valedictorian)]
2) Associate in General Studies (Business): Kansas City KS Community College, Kansas City, KS
3) The University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
Janice Swinton has over twenty years experience in Christian mission and discipleship. She specializes in women’s ministry: retreats, conferences, Bible teaching, and instruction. She is a motivational speaker, retreat and conference host, and keynote speaker in the United States and overseas. She has a B.S. degree in Journalism from the University of Kansas. She has been published nationally in Christian magazines, founded Sistahs, a magazine for Christian women; self-published Why Sunday Mornings Are Still the Most Segregated Time of the Week; Racial Reconciliation, End Time Prophecy & the Body of Christ; Freedom Cafe Farewell Cookbook w/Mississippi Addendum; Fleshly Adams: The Root & Fruit of Sexual Perversity; Go Tell My People Who They Are: The True Biblical & Historical Identity of Black People; Ruth and Naomi: A Discipleship Journey; Slave Narratives: Listening To the Voices of the Ancestors and her latest book Anatomy of A Wounded Soul: My Journey to Understanding the Soul.
She has been a believer since 1984 and has worked in the harvest fields since salvation, as a foreign missionary, and outreach ministry in the USA. She is an ordained minister and a ministry partner with her husband, James Swinton, working to see the vision and the mandate for Breaking Free Ministry.
Click on History of Janice to read a complete History of Janice: Ministry Retreats, Speaking Engagements, Performances, Academic Lectures, Workshops, and Classes.